Hello, all!
I decided that creating a blog would be the best communicative outlet while I'm out of the country. Feel free to visit daily, leave comments, etc.
Here's the scoop:
From 1/2/2010-1/22/2010 I'll be parading around the UK with fellow classmates and a couple of Elmhurst's finest professors. We'll spend the first two weeks in London, where I'll be teaching at All Saints Catholic School. On 1/10 I'll be in Paris. 1/17-1/18 Bath and Stonehenge. 1/19 Stratford. 1/20 Oxford. While we're gone, I'll also have the fabulous opportunity of seeing: Lion King, Les Mis, Arabian Nights, and one Shakespearian play.
I have no doubt that I'll be echoing the words of Samuel Johnson upon my return to Chicago:
“You find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford.”
Until then, please visit frequently!
Immensely looking forward to Heaven on Earth for any English-writing major,
Carla
P.S. I'll be staying at Citadines Apartments. I'll post an exact mailing address as soon as I arrive in case anyone is interested in sending snail mail :-)
Carla,
ReplyDeleteHope you're having fun in the UK already. Take it from someone who was already there- it will be some of the best few weeks of your life. Don't sleep because you'll miss too much! lol. I regret not seeing everything I wanted to because I would get sick of walking so darn much. Really take advantage of your Oxford trip- that place is like being a kid in a candy store for English majors. Good luck with teaching as well!
Also...I just wanted you to know that I saw Jacob Hill in the library today...and the beard is back. UGH! I'm sure you'll be upset :)
Have fun Carla!
~Jenn
Jenn! Thanks so much for the note! I have even WORSE news: Chambers informed me that Jacob Hill is expecting a baby! I can't believe it! I better find a new librarian infatuation ;-)
ReplyDelete