Greetings from Trafalgar Square!
Sorry this is my first post, everyone. Looks like I won't be posting as often as I had hoped. I'm here in London (beautiful, amazing, out-of-this world, London) and having a great time.
We had a pretty long flight with a lot of turbulents and I don't think I ever even got any "REM" sleep, so I was running on low fuel for awhile. We got to our apartment and my roommate and I found ourselves in tears because we were laughing so hard; we were the last to get our room and we walked in and there was only a couch. We thought we would be spooning the whole trip, but we figured out that the couch is a pull out bed (with two twin beds). We even rearranged our room today, so it's super cute now.
Yesterday we ate at a pasta cafe, walked around the city with our tour guide Allen, and introduced ourselves as "regulars" at our fav new bars: Sherlock Holmes (right next to our apt.) and The Princess of Wales (my personal fav, re: hot bartender).
Today we woke up early for an orientation at our schools. They even offered us all jobs here in the UK--so maybe I'll never come back ;-) Just kidding. After the school visits we went to THE GLOBE THEATRE (where all of Shakespeare's works were performed) for a group tour. I bought a post for my office--which will later hopefully be displayed in a classroom of my own. After the Globe, we all hopped on the Tube and went to Harrod's (the biggest and supposedly best shopping area in London). It reminded my of Bloomingdale's in NYC. It was okay...not the best.
I'm back at the hotel now with my favorite "groupies" and we're plotting the rest of our week(s) to come. I'd tell you now...but then you'd never come back to check in on me. ;-)
Highlights of the trip: my couch bed, getting the "reject" Tube card (mine doesn't work, so the whole group has to wait for me in the subway until a worker comes to let me through--it's become a running joke) and my many British boyfriends (total joke, but it has also become a running joke with the group).
Cheers!
Carla
“And now the time returns again: / Our souls exult, and London's towers / Receive the Lamb of God to dwell / In England's green and pleasant bowers.” - William Blake
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment