“And now the time returns again: / Our souls exult, and London's towers / Receive the Lamb of God to dwell / In England's green and pleasant bowers.” - William Blake

Monday, January 11, 2010

Finally...

It's Monday and the weather has "calmed down" enough to let us go back to work. I wake up at 6, get breakfast at 7, leave the apartment by 7:45, and hop on the Tube by 8. I have a 30 min. train ride and then a 30 min. bus ride just to get to my school in Barking--so I'm fairly far away from my "home" in central London.

School starts at 8:45 and I teach until a little before 10. I now have two free periods (from 10-11:30) which probably isn't conveniant for any of you in America since I'm sure you're all sleeping.

We've gotten so much done the past couple of days and we're continuing with a full day immediately after school's out. I have a seminar at 5 (with my commute I probably won't even get back to the apt. by then, so it's a long work day) and we're all grabbing dinner at Maxwell's tonight because they have 1/2 price meals. After dinner we're going to the ice bar (totally cool--you must google this!) where EVERYTHING is made out of ice and we're only able to stay inside for 45 min. because it's so cold. I've seen it on the Food Network, so perhaps you know what I'm talking about.

Small correction to my work e-mail: ccanham@all-saints.bardaglea.org.uk

Cheers!
C

1 comment:

Followers