“And now the time returns again: / Our souls exult, and London's towers / Receive the Lamb of God to dwell / In England's green and pleasant bowers.” - William Blake

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Home is where the Heart is...

Hey everyone!

Well, it's 9:00 here and I'm sitting in the apartment waiting to see if I have to go to school today. Get this: There are FLURRIES outside (no snow is actually sticking) and the whole city is in hysterics and most schools have snow days...including mine, probably. Guess they don't know how to rough it in a blizzard like us Chicago. Oh! I just heard cheering! SCHOOL IS CANCELLED! Crazy!

Found my warm and fuzy space yesterday: The British Library! I spent about 80 pounds just in the gift shop and the lady at the register thought I was so cray that she gave me a catalogue just in case I wanted to purchase more from home ;-)

Ok, enough about the fun sites though. We spent our first day in the school yesterday and I LOVE IT! And well, that's about all I can say for now. Every classroom is FREEZING, but I actually get to teach full class lessons (particularly Beowulf, so I'm ecstatic) and there's hot tea around every corner. I'll check in again later.

C

2 comments:

  1. We have about 6 inches of snow on the ground too (I canceled school for myself) and no, the block of Lewis has not been plowed once yet, it is now 5:24. Don't you wish you were here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a full WEEK of snow days and not even an inch of snow! I miss the wretched block of Lewis!

    ReplyDelete

Followers